Cosmetic dental problems affect not only the teeth and physical appearance of a person, but it also affects their dental health. Regardless of what causes these problems, one thing is for sure; a solution is available. Here at New Dental Images, we offer Lumineers to cover the patient’s teeth imperfections and prevent further dental problems.
What are Lumineers?
Lumineers are ultra-thin veneers adhered to the front surface of the tooth to enhance their aesthetic appearance. Unlike regular veneers, lumineers require minimal to no preparation which helps in the tooth preservation. This cosmetic option can address several dental problems such as:
- Severely Discolored Teeth. Tooth discoloration can be caused by several factors such as staining food and drinks, tobacco, certain medications, and aging. The pores of the teeth absorb the staining substances making it hard to remove even with brushing. Teeth whitening can be an option for this problem, but some stains do not respond to this treatment. Lumineers can cover discoloration and provide permanent white smile since they are resistant to stains.
- Chipped Teeth. When extreme pressures are applied to the teeth, it tends to chip making the teeth appearance unsightly. Lumineers is a painless procedure undergone to fix chipped tooth and to protect it from further damage.
- Uneven Gaps. Uneven gaps can cause self-consciousness. Lumineers help eliminate the unwanted teeth gaps through a quick and non-invasive procedure.
- Poorly Shaped Teeth. Irregular tooth shape can affect the teeth appearance. With ultra-thin lumineers, the teeth can be altered without the removal of excessive tooth structure.
The procedure does not require a local anesthetic since it does file or cut down the teeth. Here are the steps to complete the lumineers treatment.
- An impression or model of the upper and lower teeth are taken.
- The impression of the teeth is sent to an off-site lab that will create the lumineers.
- On the next visit, the lumineers are tried to ensure proper fitting before bonding.
- The teeth are prepared for bonding through moderate etching.
- Lumineers are then bonded to teeth.
The dentist will then ensure that the contact of the teeth is balanced by checking the patient’s bite to avoid chipping.
Lumineers procedure is painless and comfortable since it does not require extensive removal of tooth enamel. Additionally, it is a quick but effective procedure making it ideal for patients who want to achieve dramatic and fast results.
Bring out your white, even, and beautiful smile while preserving your natural teeth. Schedule an appointment with New Dental Images for Lumineers in Elk Grove. We are located at 9275 E. Stockton Blvd, #200 Elk Grove, CA 95624.