Merely brushing and flossing daily is not going to give your teeth and mouth the smile it deserves. Taking care of your dental aesthetics goes beyond all of this. For a healthy mouth and smiles, regular dental checkups are also important. Usually, this process needs to be accomplished twice every year, or once in every six months. However, depending on how severe your dental conditions are, you might have to visit more often. But a dental visit and a dental checkup can never be ignored. If ignored, it could fatally affect your life.
Either your dentist’s or your dental hygienist are capable of performing your dental check up. Typically, a dental checkup is comprised of the following:
- Dental cleaning: your dental care provider is going to take help of certain dental equipment and other technological equipment to scrape the layer of plaque and tartar away from your teeth. If left unattended, these layers could cause fatal infections and could cause you trauma and other periodontal infections. Along with these layers, stains will also be removed, to a possible extent.
- You shall be educated about dental hygiene habits that you need to maintain and how should you maintain them. You might be shown effective ways to handle your dental aesthetics.
- Your dental aesthetics are going to be examined meticulously. All kinds of nooks and corners in your mouth will be examined for any potentially damaging signs or any potential bacteria. Dental care providers are going to look for the signs of various dental diseases and issues- cavities, periodontal infections, etc. and sometimes even the potential signs of oral cancer could be detected. A special probe could help explore the pockets formed between your teeth and your gums. All this might seem small right now but is going to save you your life in the future. If found anything damaging, your dental care provider might suggest a treatment plan to cure you.sometimes they might also refer you to specialized periodontists and orthodontists for further curing procedures.
- Dental x-rays are going to be taken if felt necessary. X-rays can be taken to detect problems that cannot be detected by your dental care provider. All forms of dental issues like tooth decay, periodontal diseases, etc. could be exposed with the help of x-rays, if your dental care provider is unable to detect them by themselves.
- In certain cases, you might have to go through some more procedures during your dental check up. This way it becomes a comprehensive examination. A comprehensive dental exam usually takes place during the first time you visit a particular dental care provider. During this exam, your dental care provider is going to thoroughly examine your dental aesthetics and even your head as well as your neck. Apart from this, they will take note of your medical history as well as dental history along with certain x-rays.
Get your comprehensive dental examination performed with us. You deserve a healthier and happier smile. Book your appointments, call us- (916) 270-2737. Or visit us- New Dental Images. 9275 E. Stockton Blvd, #200 Elk Grove, CA 95624.