In most cartoon movies, bad breath is often associated with a dark green, filthy air. Usually, it depicts embarrassment and humiliation. For sure, no one wants it to happen in real life. But if it does, New Dental Images is ready to take action to put an end to this devastating dental issue by providing Bad Breath Treatment!
Bad breath, medically known as halitosis, attacks millions of people in the U.S and most of them are not aware that they have it. However, there are ways to detect it. One can test their breath by wiping the surface of the mouth with a cotton-fabric cloth and smell it after. Another method is to lick the back of the hand, and smelling it once its dry.
There are external and internal factors that cause this condition. These includes:
- Consumption of odorous and spicy foods
- Smoking tobacco or cigarettes
- Excessive alcohol intake
- Health-related conditions such as tonsillitis, diabetes, liver disease, etc.
- Gum disease
- Cavities and tooth decay
Truths About Bad Breath
- Sleeping with an open mouth can cause bad breath since it gives way for the air to dry out the mouth.
- The tongue is where harmful bacterias that cause bad smell usually resides. Studies show that bad breath or halitosis cases originate specifically in the tongue’s surface.
- Causes of bad breath can also be identified by the way it smells. An acidic odor can be a sign of asthma while a fecal stink indicates a bowel obstruction.
- Saliva gets rid of bad breath. It washes off the food particles in the mouth and prevents unwanted bacteria from forming. Drinking plenty of water will help in the production of saliva.
- Mouthwashes cannot eliminate the embarrassing smell of the mouth. Instead, it only tries to overpower the odor.
- Chewing minty gums does not work in freshening the breath. Rather, its sugar particles can stick into the teeth which will later on mixed with harmful bacterias, thereby worsening the condition.
- Proper oral hygiene, right eating habits, and visiting the dentist for check-ups, cleanings, and necessary treatments at New Dental Images can make bad breath go away!
Are you suffering from bad breath or halitosis? Contact us at New Dental Images for your Bad Breath Treatment in Elk Grove, CA. Our passionate team is ready to serve you.