If you are one of the many people who is troubled with crooked teeth, you should get Invisalign now! Here at New Dental Images , we will be more than glad to help you achieve that smile you have always wanted through Invisalign braces.
Invisalign is a series of plastic aligners that are customized for you to fix crooked or misaligned teeth. This aligner gradually corrects the position of your teeth by using gentle pressure without having to use metal brackets and wires. The gradual movement or shift of teeth will be observed over a two week period which means you are given a new set of aligners every two weeks.
During the consultation, your dentist will show you how the treatment will gradually be moving your teeth to its proper position so you will more or less have an idea of the end result after the treatment is completed. Invisalign will not only give you a better appearance, but it will also make cleaning a lot easier for you. Misaligned teeth are more difficult to clean because the toothbrush will not be able to reach all places and spaces between the teeth, thus increasing your risk for tooth decay and cavities.
Invisalign is an ideal alternative to conventional braces as you will not have to deal with wearing uncomfortable and painful metal brackets and wires in your mouth.
To get more information on the comparison between braces and Invisalign, refer to the lost below:
- Invisalign aligners are clear and are barely noticeable, therefore it does not in any way affect your appearance, neither does it make you look less attractive
- Invisalign is more comfortable to use
- Invisalign can be removed so you can continue with your proper brushing and flossing during the treatment period
- There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. You can eat whatever you want as it can even be removed briefly for eating and drinking
- The treatment period for Invisalign is shorter and the patient will be informed of the accurate length of treatment
- Braces do not look appealing because of the metal brackets and wires on the teeth. Food can also get caught in the brackets
- The wires can poke the inside of the patient’s mouth
- It is more difficult to brush and floss with braces because they are fixed and can only be professionally removed by the dentist at the end of the treatment period
- You might have to avoid some food especially hard food because it can break the wires of your braces
- The treatment period for braces actually take longer and is not very accurate. It is more of a trial and error because the length of the treatment will depend on how fast your teeth responds to the procedure
What is the importance of having straight teeth?
- The proper alignment of the teeth allows the gums to fit more securely in place around the teeth and this increases the defense against potential gum and periodontal problems. Invisalign can straighten your teeth and move them into their proper position without wearing metal brackets and wires.
- Misaligned teeth make cleaning more difficult. Brushing and flossing will not be able to clean the hard to reach areas of your mouth making you at risk for tooth decay and cavities.
- Your oral health is reflected on how your gums and teeth look and appear. If your teeth alignment is corrected by Invisalign, proper oral hygiene is a lot easier and it, therefore, helps you avoid possible oral health diseases. Properly aligned teeth also help you avoid issues that result from an improper bite like difficulty in speaking and chewing and problems with your jaw.
You have all the right reasons for selecting Invisalign as a solution for your crooked teeth, and all you have to do is to give us a call to make an appointment.
And even after undergoing cosmetic procedures for the enhancement of your smile just like Invisalign, it is still highly recommended to maintain good oral hygiene to maintain the health and function of your teeth. You should still do your part in maintaining the beauty of your smile by proper brushing and flossing and regular dental visits.
To schedule an appointment for invisalign in elk grove ca, you can call New Dental Images at (916) 270-2737, or visit us at 9275 E. Stockton Blvd, #200 Elk Grove, CA 95624.