Losing one or more teeth is prevalent in adults due to several factors. For years, the dental treatments available for missing teeth were only dentures and dental bridges. Fortunately, thanks to the continuous advancement in technology and dental care, dental implants can now be availed by the people needing them.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are titanium posts that are surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gum line. They are designed to act as a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth.
Can anyone avail of the dental implants?
Unfortunately, dental implants are not for everyone. Usually, anyone healthy enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery can be considered for a dental implant. People who have healthy gums and enough bone that can hold the implant are good candidates for getting dental implants. They must also be committed to good oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Heavy smokers or people with uncontrolled chronic disorders, or those who have had radiation therapy to the head or neck area need to be evaluated first on an individual basis. For people considering getting dental implants, they must first consult the dentist if dental implants are right for them.
How painful are dental implants?
Most people who have undergone dental implant surgery said that there is minimal discomfort during the procedure. Local anesthesia is administered to patients to help reduce the pain they feel during the process. Following the dental implant surgery, patients may experience mild soreness. However, this mild soreness can be treated with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
What are the advantages of getting dental implants?
- Dental implants can improve a person’s appearance.
- Dental implants allow a person to speak clearly without any worry.
- Dental implants help improve oral health and do not require any reduction or altering of the nearby teeth to support the implants.
- Dental implants are very durable and can last for many years, or even longer with proper care, good oral hygiene, and regular dental visits.
- Dental implants allow a person to eat their favorite foods with confidence and without any pain or discomfort.
- With dental implants, a person’s self-esteem is improved, giving back their stunning smile.
- Unlike dentures, dental implants can eliminate discomfort, and they do not require any messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Give your smile a boost! Book an appointment with New Dental Images and avail our Dental Implants in Elk Grove, CA. We are located at 1110 Corporate Way., #100 Sacramento, CA 95831.