- Tooth extraction is a procedure which is sometimes thought of as very simple. It is, in fact, not given the due importance that it should be given. For example, most people tend to drive themselves to and from the dental clinic when a tooth extraction is to be performed. They do not take cognizance of the fact this procedure also involves numbing injections to be given to the patient. Thus, the patient needs a lot of care and attention during this time. He or she should not take this condition lightly.
- In fact, it is necessary that someone be next to the patient at the time of tooth extraction. There are not many chances of something going amiss with the procedure if the concerned dentist is a specialist or is an expert at his or her job. However, still it is best to be cautious about all medical procedures and hence someone or another should be available at hand while the dentist is conducting the procedure.
- It is not advisable to go in for a tooth extraction unless and until it is necessary. Thus, it is a good idea to go in for root canal therapy or endodontic treatment if the tooth can be restored. It is a good thing if the original tooth is retained for as long as is possible and it is not plucked out.
- Hence, if the tooth is only minutely fractured or cracked, it should be restored and not extracted out. The outermost layer of the tooth is called enamel. The one inner to this is the dentine. The innermost one is the dental cavity. This is made up of nerves, blood vessels, and cellular matter. During a root canal procedure, this cavity is emptied out and then disinfected thoroughly well. It is then filled up with material like gutta-percha. The cavity is then sealed out and then a dental cap or crown is placed atop this to function as the tooth which the world sees.
- Tooth extraction is a process which involves a bit of discomfort. This is at the time of giving injections to numb the area. Thus, the patient should be given a good amount of care and attention after the procedure is completed. He or she should rest properly for the rest of the day if it is normal tooth extraction. In the case of wisdom tooth extraction, the patient should rest for a couple of days since the clot may open up and bleeding start again if the person undertakes any strenuous activity. Also, the patient should not exercise or undergo any hectic physical work for the next couple of days for the wound to heal properly. The diet of the patient should be taken care of – in other words he or she should eat only soft foods and they should not eat anything hard or sticky in nature.
For more details contact: 9275 E. Stockton Blvd, # 200 Elk Grove, CA 95624. Call: (916)270-2737.
Five Important Facts About Tooth Extractions for Oral Health, Elk Grove
posted in: tooth extractions | 0